Donderdag 22 September 2022

INVESTIGATING THE RESURRECTION ALIVE by J. WARNER WALLACE

 INVESTIGATING THE RESURRECTION

ALIVE by J. WARNER WALLACE

A Cold Case Approach to the Resurrection.

https://ref.ly/o/9780781411288/195 via the Faithlife Ebooks Android app.

I was a committed atheist when I first heard a pastor preach a sermon that described the resurrection of Jesus. This pastor seemed to actually believe Jesus rose from the dead and was still alive today. I assumed it was just another example of “blind faith”; another well-intentioned church leader believing something for which he had no supporting evidence. 

Worse yet, I suspected he possessed an “unreasonable faith” and trusted something in spite of the evidence.

I was familiar with the rules of evidence and the process by which we can determine the truth about past events. 

As a detective, I was doing this for a living. I decided to investigate the resurrection as I would any unsolved case from the distant past. My journey led me out of atheism to the truth of Christianity. 

As I applied my skills as a detective, I became more convinced that the New Testament gospel accounts reliably describe the life, ministry, crucifixion, and resurrection of Jesus. I bet you’ll come to the same conclusion if you take the time to examine the evidence and the explanations offered for the resurrection of Jesus.

THINKING LIKE A DETECTIVE

As a detective, I often employ a methodology known as abductive reasoning (also known as “inferring to the most reasonable explanation”) in order to determine what I have at a crime scene.

(Search this book and read it all! 

Look at https://ref.ly/o/9780781411288/195

Geen opmerkings nie: