Thursday, June 6, 2024

THE HEARTCRY OF A MISSIONARY THAT LACK SUPPORT

Bonjour, Jean Marc. Communicating through you, to ECC and CBFC; - What had gone wrong on my side, since 2010/ 2014 until today?

1. Many promises were made to me, by Christians (churches/ organizations/ NGOs such as Soccer Ministry) to push me in front and get a report on the DR Congo. Then they left me and turned their back on the Congo River Mission Gospel initiative.

2. I was too ambitious to try and correct these disappointments since 2004 already, and tried to get a sending action between the Dutch Reformed Church, Apostolic Faith Mission and the Seventh-Day Adventist Church. (Roman Catholic church never really wanted to talk to me.) These laborious efforts imploded harshly, to a zero level.

3. The cultural and environmental  differences between Afrikaans South Africans and Congolese overwhelmed me in body, soul and spirit. "The river between" as Pastor Jean Wawina used to say.

4. In 2014, my effort to reach Kisangani by road via Burundi, Uvira and Bukavu discouraged me and those who tried to send me. Rebel activity remains a big problem to tourism, church, missions and investment!

5. I then did studies from end 2014 until early 2020 ... then the Plandemic intervened and slowed down church and missions worldwide.

6. It is now June 2024. I still work at mobilising for Mission to the Congo (Congo River Mission). Currently I talk to the Reformation Action in the Dutch Reformed Church of SA, the Baptist World Alliance and Frontline Mission SA.

7. What I need is $3k to get to Kisangani and at least $100 church support per month to be able to complete a 3 year (proposed) church planting and Pastor training model and to work/ mobilise with the local church in Kisangani (using Veritas College Bible study methodology for contextual Scripture interpretation. Farming God's Way is an "add on" for isolated communities along the Congo River and its tributaries, to help to reduce slash and burn and bushmeat trade.

8. Lastly, people in the (Christian?) "West" continue to fear the Congo, it's history, it's wars and it's trauma. The Church in general seemingly do not fear God and trust Jesus enough yet, to come back to the eastern DRC with the Full Gospel of Peace.

I repeat my availability to be called to a CBFC church in Kisangani for three years Congo River Mission methodology and service. (Tentmaker options, Business as Mission and Bi-Vocational ministry options must be investigated in Kisangani, to reduce financial burdens on the congregations in Kisangani and the imploded economy in South Africa.)

Dieu te bénisse.

Pastor Abraham Johannes.

Fellowship of Christian Churches in Africa, Dutch Reformed Church of SA and Frontline Mission SA. 6/06/2024. Pretoria.

No comments: